Naturopathy, a way of living naturally with a focus on natural remedies and the body’s vital ability to heal and maintain itself. Naturopathy is focused on preventative measures, although many clinics offer to help remedy health situations that already exist. While some critics debunk naturopathy in favor of traditional medicine, entire families have adopted the naturopathic approach to life and — while the work is not easy — have learned that they are happy with an alternative way to healthy and creative living.
In most cases, you cannot find scholarships or grants to study naturopathy. Additionally, the path for study often is not clear, as naturapathic studies may include further investigation into realms such as homeopathy or acupuncture. In most cases, the title of Naturopathic Doctor (ND) may be awarded after completion of a four-year program at an accredited naturopathic medical school. This schooling includes a study of a holistic system, that takes into account the interactions among the mind, body and spirit of a person.
With that said, the list below carries two categories…one that includes blogs that belong to naturopathic practitioners and another category that contains blogs that belong to individuals who practice living a natural life at home. All links are listed in alphabetical order, and they lead to the updated blogs written by people who are enamored with the naturopathic lifestyle.
This field has had its ups and downs, but even reputable traditional medicine may recognize the value of what is known as “complementary” medicine. The University of Maryland Medical Center, for instance, realizes that alternative methods of health and wellness are possible, and they offer information about the nature of naturopathy as well as some realistic warnings. The list below contains a wide variety of ND practitioners and licensed professionals.
- Amanda Roe, ND: Amanda is a naturopathic physician and midwife providing Portland,OR area families with holistic, effective, and creative ways to bring health into balance.
- Dr. Barbara Dao, Naturopathic Doctor: Dr. Barbara Dao is a Naturopathic Doctor licensed with the province of Ontario. She received her training at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, completing the four-year intensive program.
- Dr. Dhillon’s Blog: Dr. Vinnie Dhillon is a licensed and registered naturopathic physician, who graduated from Bastyr University in Seattle with a degree in naturopathic medicine after completing a Bachelor of Science at Western Washington University.
- Dr. Victor Chan: Dr. Victor Chan, BSc., MBA, ND is a licensed Naturopathic Physician and a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, where he was awarded the President’s Award of Excellence for his contributions.
- Holistica Naturopathic: Dr. Sherman is a naturopathic physician licensed in Portland, Oregon. She currently is in her third year of residency at a cancer center in Indiana, and she is most interested in how nutrition plays a part in health.
- Natural Medicine Free Naturopathic and Homeopathic Resources: Rodolfo T. Rafael, M.D., is a Certified Family Physician of the Philippine Academy of Family Physician and continue to complete the requirements for Continuing Medical Education in Family Practice. he also is a member of the Philippine Medical Informatics Society, and Pangasinan Medical Society.
- Naturopathic Family Care News: A team of licensed naturopathic physicians, chiropractic doctors, and acupuncturists, all of whom are practicing physicians at Naturopathic Family Care in Phoenix, Arizona is dedicated to providing quality science-based information about alternative and complementary medicine.
- Naturopathic View of the Human Life: Sushma Shah, N.D. is a licensed and registered doctor of naturopathy in Toronto who is dedicated to helping you achieve your wellness objectives – combining skill and expertise that spans the entire wellness spectrum of well being using the core principles of naturopathy.
- Naturopathic Wisdom: Lisa Tostado is a 2008 graduate of Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine located in Tempe, Arizona. She also is a board-certified Naturopathic Doctor and currently maintains a medical license in Arizona and a practice in Louisville, Kentucky.
- New Leaf Blog: Get a dose of natural health updates from New Leaf Natural Therapies, located in Queensland, Australia.
- Personalized Nutrition: Dr. Peter J. D’Adamo is a naturopathic physician noted for his popular books on the Blood Type Diet. Best known for his research on human blood groups and nutrition, Dr. D’Adamo is also a well-respected researcher in the field of natural products.
- Phylameana’s Holistic Healing Blog: Phylameana is certified in Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki and the Science of Intuition from the Holos Institutes of Health. She is an energy medicine practitioner, clairvoyant, intuitive counselor, flower essence consultant, and owner of Spiral Visions.
- Physicians Who Listen: This blog is maintained by the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the national professional society representing licensed or licensable naturopathic physicians who are graduates of four-year, residential graduate programs.
- Rawvolutionary Healing: Pamela is a naturopath and Living Foods life coach who shares personal experiences as well as information about the raw food lifestyle.
- Santa Barbara’s Revolutionary Holistic Clinic Blog: This blog touches on topics such as chronic fatigue, kinesiology concepts, muscle testing and more physical topics in the naturopathic vein.
- The Naturopathic Gourmet: Dr. Sarah Cimperman is a naturopathic doctor in New York City. She received her degree from the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon.
- The Naturopathic Perspective: Doctors and scientists, authors and journalists, professors and administrators contribute to this blog devoted to naturopathic medicines.
- Vishen Natural Medicine: Liz Wacker uses naturopathic medicines such as nutritional counseling, herbs, and homeopathy to help people feel well. She trained in the art and science of natural primary care medicine at National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon.
As with the list above, you can find a wide variety of individuals who are practicing a naturopathic lifestyle at home. The list below contains a few examples.
- 5 Orange Potatoes: Lis, her two daughters and husband live a naturopathic life. Learn more about natural beauty, nature activities and nature studies.
- Ancient Hearth: This woman home schools with her twin girls using Waldorf-inspired education.
- At Home Science: Kris is Catholic homeschooling mom to 3 boys with a Charlotte Mason educational philosophy. She also is an emergency department physician assistant and community college instructor.
- Herbs Are Greener: Michelle has plenty of physical problems, and she attacks the issues with natural methods using herbs and natural products. Learn more about what she knows at this blog.
- My Reasons: This mother and family woman is into her family and they’re into her. She writes about natural lifestyles among other topics and keeps it simple and real. One nice thing about visiting blogs such as this one is that you also may learn about other, similar blogs through the links on the site.
- Red Dirt Mother: This woman is a midwife doula and a creative soul who likes to share her natural lifestyle.
- The Natural Mommy: This mom makes it clear she is not a “hippy,” nor does motherhood come naturally to her. But, she’s all about doing things with her family as natural as possible while living frugally.