Grand Canyon University BSN to MSN Programs
Grand Canyon University is a private university based in Phoenix, Arizona. The university is a conglomeration of seven schools offering degrees in education, fine arts, business, science, and nursing.
- MSN – Health Care Informatics: This program has 36 credit hours in courses like data management, health care research analysis, and ethics and policy in health care. Get more info about this degree »
- MSN – Health Care Informatics (Bridge): This program helps RNs prepare for graduate study, and is composed of 54 credit hours of courses with heavy emphasis on research based informatics solutions in the field of nursing. Get more info about this degree »
- MSN – Leadership in Health Care Informatics Systems (Bridge): This is similar to the degree above, with more of an emphasis on leadership, administrative capacities, and managerial skills. Get more info about this degree »
- MSN – Education: This course’s curriculum has 36 credit hours of education, assessment, and foundational nursing courses to help RNs become nurse educators. Get more info about this degree »
- MSN – Leadership in Health Care Systems: This program is for nurses who already have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in pursuing the business side of nursing more heavily. The program consists of 84 credit hours of nursing and clinical coursework as well as marketing, leadership, and organizational psychology components. Get more info about this degree »
Facts About Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University has about 40,000 students in its distance learning programs, and it is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Though it was founded as a nonprofit, GCU is now a private, for-profit institution that grants hundreds of different types of degrees through its seven colleges. GCU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Top Online BSN to MSN Programs
These schools offer fully accredited programs that can take someone with a BSN to an MSN and beyond, which leads to more opportunities to specialize in the kind of work you love and earn a better paycheck while you do it. If you’re ready to get started, click some of the links below to learn more about their specific course offerings.
Kaplan University — The Kaplan School of Nursing offers a variety of graduate degree programs for registered nurses looking to advance their careers into special areas of interest. In addition to their general BSN to MSN program, Kaplan also offers MSN degrees with concentrations in nurse administration, nurse education, and nursing informatics. For registered nurses who have not yet completed their bachelor's degrees, Kaplan also offers an RN to MSN program.
University of Phoenix — The University of Phoenix is America's largest accredited online university. Their School of Nursing offers several different online BSN to MSN degrees, including degree programs with concentrations in healthcare education, health informatics, healthcare administration, and healthcare management. These graduate-level programs of study are available to all registered nurses (RNs) who have completed their bachelor's degree and have a minimum of three years working experience.
The College Network — Founded in 1877, Regis University by the College Network is a small Jesuit Catholic school offering online MSN degrees through The College Network. RNs can earn their MSNs at their own pace with local clinicals in this convenient and affordable program. Specializations are offered in education and management.
Grand Canyon University — A highly-rated Christian school based in Arizona, Grand Canyon University's School of Nursing offers multiple master's degree-level nursing programs, including a dual MSN and MBA degree for business-oriented students and MSN degrees with concentrations in nursing education and nursing leadership.
Capella University — Capella offers two Master of Science in nursing (MSN) degree programs, both in nursing education. The basic MSN - nurse education program is suited for students who already hold a BSN degree. For those who do not currently hold a BSN, but rather a bachelor's degree in a different subject, Capella also offers an MSN - nurse education bridge program, which covers the basic baccalaureate-level coursework from a BSN program. Each program will prepare students for successful careers as nurse educators or clinical nurse leaders.
University of Cincinnati — The University of Cincinnati offers online MSN programs with numerous specializations, including clinical nurse specialist and nurse educator, nurse administrator, nurse midwifery, and women's health specialist. While these aren' accelerated programs, they can be a valuable asset to have if you want to advance your career.
Sacred Heart University — Sacred Heart University's MSN program offers a trio of specialization options to fit students' needs. The Clinical Nurse Leader specialization focuses on evaluating patient outcomes and assessing risk, among other ideals. A Patient Care Services specialist can prepare students for leadership positions. The Nursing Education specialization offers necessary skills in teaching and learning.
Find an online Nursing school
Find the BSN to MSN program that's right for you by filling out this short form below: